Generally speaking, threadlockers will dry faster at higher temperatures and lower humidity levels. Some brands set more quickly than others. And finally, smaller hardware pieces will typically take less time to cure than larger ones. Continue reading to learn more.
Factors That Affect The Curing Speed of Threadlockers
Aside from the ones mentioned above, many other factors can affect threadlockers drying time, such as:
- Base metals
- Gaps or clearance between pieces
- Surface cleanliness
- Part shape
- Amount of threadlocker used
Additionally, the composition of the threadlocker can also affect how quickly it dries. For example, water-based threadlockers will typically take longer to cure than those that are solvent-based.
By taking into account these factors, you can take the right measures, so the threadlocker cures as quickly as possible.
Tips For Speeding Up The Drying Time of Threadlockers
If you’re in a hurry and need the threadlocker to dry faster, there are a few things you can do to help speed things up.
- Increase the temperature: Use a heat source, like a hairdryer. You can also try decreasing the humidity by using a dehumidifier or even just running a fan.
- Use less threadlocker: If you don’t need as much threadlock, use less. This will help it cure more quickly.
- Partition hardware: If possible, try to break the hardware down into smaller pieces. This will help the threadlocker cure faster.
- Clean surfaces: The cleaner the surface, the quicker the adhesive will set.
- Use a threadlocker that dries quickly: Some brands on the market set more quickly than others. Choose one of these to help speed up the curing process. You can find it at your local hardware store.
Buy High-Strength Threadlock Red at Fix & Feed
When you need to fasten parts together, High-Strength Threadlock Red provides a superior mechanical lock. Hi-Strength Threadlock Red is designed for high-strength applications and has a fast-drying formula that helps reduce curing time.
At Fix & Feed, you can find threadlocker and other products to help you get the job done. Visit us today to get everything you need for your DIY project.