How To Keep Livestock Water From Freezing
Keeping livestock water from freezing in the winter can be challenging. However, you can do simple things to keep their water from turning into ice. One is to use a heated tank or bucket. Another is to add some salt to the water. A third option is to use an electric de-icer that floats in the stock tank. If you live in an area that gets cold, you may have to try all these methods to ensure your animals have enough water to drink.
This blog will discuss the top 5 simple things to keep ice from building up. Let’s go!
Simple Things To Do To Keep Water From Freezing
When the temperature outside starts to drop, many people think about how they will keep their livestock water from freezing. Thankfully, you can do a few simple things to help keep your stock tank water from freezing during cold weather.
- Add some insulation around the tank. Create insulation using hay bales, straw, or even old blankets or quilts. Be sure to leave a space at the top of the tank so rain can drain off.
- Place a heater in the tank. Several heaters will work well for this purpose, including electric, propane, and solar-powered models. These de-icers can keep water from freezing.
- Use a bubbler system to keep the water moving. A bubbler system circulates warm air through the water and helps prevent it from freezing solid.
- Keep an eye on the weather forecast and take steps to protect your stock tank when temperatures are expected to drop below freezing point.
- If everything fails, consider bringing your livestock inside until the weather warms up again!
Using a Stock Tank De-Icer for Your Livestock
Winter is coming, which means colder temperatures for many of us. One way to ensure your livestock stays warm during the winter is to use a stock tank de-icer. De-icers come in various shapes and sizes, but they all have a common goal: to keep your stock tank from freezing over.
There are a few benefits of using a stock tank de-icer during the winter. The most important benefit is that it keeps your livestock warm and comfortable, which can mean the difference between life and death for some animals.
Quality Products For De-icing your Stock Tank Water
Fix & Feed is a complete hardware store in Texas where you can find products and solutions for your projects. At Fix & Feed, we are your quality product hardware store near you to help you through the winter season. Our customer service provides advice for your questions and needs. We offer an extensive range of products to ensure your livestock is healthy. Talk to a professional if you would like to purchase a water de-icer for livestock.