A Guide To Replace 9v Batteries In Smoke Alarms
When was the last time you checked your smoke alarms? If it’s been a while, now is a good time to give them a test. Smoke alarms are an important part of any home safety plan, and they can help save lives in the event of a fire. So make sure your smoke alarms are in good working order and check them regularly.
Installing smoke alarms can help protect you and your family from potential fires. So don’t wait to change the batteries on yours right away! Here is a step-by-step on how to replace 9V batteries in smoke alarms.
Follow These Simple Steps To Replace Your Battery
- Open the battery compartment using the plastic tab
- Remove the old battery
- Take a look at your 9V battery to discover the positive (+) and negative (-) connections, as shown in the picture. When inserting the battery into your alarm, be sure they have the same polarity. The negative terminal has a larger opening in the back of the battery drawer, so it will only fit one way unless you force it shut.
- Insert the positive contact of the new battery into the compartment with the closest positive connection to the detector’s center. The negative contact should be closer to the device’s exterior.
- Close the battery compartment gently. The battery may be facing the wrong way if it won’t close.
How Often Should You Check Your Smoke Alarm Batteries?
It’s important to check your smoke alarm batteries at least once a year, and it’s best to do it when you change your clocks for Daylight Saving Time. You can also test your alarms monthly by pressing the test button on the device.
These are some signs that you might need to replace them:
- Your smoke alarm is chirping
- Your smoke alarm is more than 10 years old
- You can’t remember when you last changed the battery
- The power light is no longer lit
- The test button doesn’t work
Find All Your Household Supplies At Fix & Feed
If you’re looking for new smoke alarms, Fix & Feed hardware store should definitely be your first choice. We’ve got First Alert: 9 Volt Smoke Alarm for less than $8 each! These top-quality alarms will last long and help you stay alert about any possible fire inside your home.
At Fix & Feed, we have been proud to serve the Texan community for decades now. Our clients choose us thanks to our outstanding customer service and great products. Guarantee your home’s safety with your purchases at our hardware store.