A Simple Guide To DIY Your Picnic Table
If you’re looking for a summer project, why not build your picnic table? It’s a fun DIY project that you can complete using the correct tools and materials in just a few hours. A patio table will give you a place to eat outdoors and entertain guests.
In this post, we’ll guide you through the process of building a picnic table from scratch. You’ll evaluate if this is a great idea for you to spend your summer on. Let’s take a look at the steps.
Gather Up Your Tools & Materials!
Here’s the equipment that you’ll need to buy before beginning your project:
- Electric miter saw
- Speed Square
- Set of drill bits
- Tape measure
- Wrench set
Now, a list of materials to begin your project:
- 2 6-foot-long 2×4, pressure-treated
- 9 6-foot-long 2×6, pressure-treated
- 4 5- or 6-foot-long 2×8, pressure-treated
- Copper-based wood preservative
- 3 1/2-inch carriage bolts with washers and nuts
- 2 1/4-inch exterior grade screws
Build A Picnic Table In 9 Steps
- Purchase the necessary materials from a home improvement or hardware store.
- Locate and mark the location where you will build your picnic table.
- Layout all of your materials on the work surface in front of you.
- Assemble a basic rectangular frame by joining four legs, two aprons, and two top rails together with screws or nails.
- Add cross supports to the frame for additional stability.
- Cut the tabletop boards to size and screw them into place.
- Trim any excess material from the tabletop and sand down any sharp edges.
- Finish the table by staining or painting it to your liking.
- Add any accessories, such as umbrella holders or benches, to complete your picnic table.
Prepare Your Picnic Days With Your Home Improvement Store
Building a picnic table is a great project for beginners and experienced DIYers. However, it can be a real hassle, especially with hot weather where all you want to do is sit down and drink some cold lemonade. Instead of starting the project yourself, you can visit Fix & Feed and purchase Outdoor Essentials: Treated Picnic Table.
Made from high-quality wood, this patio table is 6 feet long and comfortable enough for you to enjoy your days outside. Leave the DIY for another occasion, and buy your picnic table at Fix & Feed home improvement store.