Oxygen Tank Storage Safety Guidelines
If you’re a homeowner who relies on oxygen tanks to help you or a loved one breathe, it’s important to know how to store them safely. Oxygen tanks can be dangerous if not handled correctly, so you must take the necessary precautions.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss how to store oxygen tanks at home so that you can ensure your safety and the safety of your family.
Follow These Tips To Prevent Accidents:
Here are some tips for oxygen tanks storage:
1. Place a no-smoking sign: The first step is ensuring everyone in your household knows that oxygen tanks are being used. This means putting up a no smoking sign or another type of warning sign. Oxygen is highly combustible, so it’s important to take this precaution.
2. Keep them away from heat: You should also store your oxygen tanks away from any heat sources. This includes fireplaces, stoves, radiators, and even direct sunlight. Heat can cause the tanks to explode, so it’s best to err on caution.
3. Have an all-purpose fire extinguisher: An all-purpose fire extinguisher is a must-have if you’re using oxygen tanks at home. If there’s ever a fire, you’ll be glad you have it. A working smoke detector is a must. In the case of fire, immediately evacuate the building, or if time permits, shut off the oxygen system and evacuate with a portable system.
4. Strategic placing: Place oxygen equipment must be at least 5 feet away from any item that produces a spark. Some examples are electronic cigarettes, cell phones, air conditioners, electric razors, toasters, hair dryers, or fans.
For Proper Oxygen Storage:
Oxygen cylinders should always be used and stored in well-ventilated areas, away from any sources of oil, grease, paints, solvents, or other flammable materials:
1. Cylinders should be kept safe to avoid theft or tampering by unauthorized persons.
2. Always keep oxygen cylinders upright to prevent them from falling over and exploding.
3. It’s critical to keep the full and empty oxygen cylinders separate for fear of confusion.
4. Keeping your oxygen tank storage near an exit will make it easier to exchange cylinders. They need to be replaced once they’re empty, and you’ll receive deliveries at regular intervals.
Find Oxygen Cylinders For Sale At Fix & Feed!
If you require an oxygen cylinder, check out our selection at Fix & Feed. We offer you Thoroughbred Oxygen cylinders and exchanges. Visit one of our 4 stores in Texas and feel free to consult with one of our customer service experts. We’ll make sure that you get everything you need!