Starting a fireplace can be easier said than done. However, it can be a piece of cake with the right guidance. Here you’ll learn how to effectively light up a fireplace and host what can become a memorable evening.
Useful Tips To Starting An Outdoor Fireplace
- Examine the fireplace for fractures or any signs of animals that might be hiding.
- Cover the bottom of your outdoor fireplace with some ash or sand. This will help maintain the fire and require less wood.
- If you’re using a firelog, place it in the fireplace so that the writing is facing up. The firelog will start to smolder and will eventually light on fire.
- If you’re using wood, stack the logs in a tic-tac-toe pattern on top of the firelog and fill in the space with smaller logs. Then fill in the gaps with newspaper, little branches, or kindling to help you start the fire.
- Light a match and place it in the middle of the logs and the fillings. The flame will spread to the rest of the wood, and you’ll be enjoying a warm fire in no time!
- Once the fire is burning, you can add larger pieces of wood. Be careful not to overload the fireplace, as this can cause a dangerous fire.
- Just like with any other fireplace, make sure you keep an eye on the flames and never leave the fire unattended.
Enjoy a Fire Without Chopping Wood With Duraflame Logs
It’s not always easy to have a fire going in your backyard. You need to chop wood and make sure there’s enough space for a fire. With Duraflame Logs, you can have the benefits of a fire without all the work. Duraflame Logs are made from compressed sawdust, so they light easily and produce a lot of heat. You can find them at home improvement stores, like Fix & Feed.
Visit Fix & Feed to Buy Duraflame Logs
Fix & Feed is the perfect place to buy Duraflame Logs for your outdoor fireplace. Firelogs are an easy and convenient way to start a fire, and Duraflame Logs are some of the best on the market. They ignite quickly and produce a long, hot flame that will keep you warm all night long.
Visit Fix & Feed, the most complete home improvement store.